Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana 2023: Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan accounts can be opened in the name of a kid under the age of 18 but over the age of 10 while his or her parents operate the account. An ATM card is also issued in the child’s name. After producing identification, the bank will transfer the account to the name of the true beneficiary at the age of 18.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
Along with their address verification, parents must give any legitimate proof, such as an Aadhaar card, passport, or ration card. If the parents do not have any of these documents, they can submit any of the central government-issued documents that reveal the identification.
To open a bank account through the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, download the form from the PM Jan Dhan Yojana website or any bank’s website. Its forms are also available in bank locations, where you can fill out the form immediately in the bank.
Benefits of the PMJDY Scheme
1. Interest on deposits.
- Rs. 2 lakhs in accidental insurance coverage
- There is no requirement for a minimum balance.
- The policy provides a life cover of Rs. 30,000/- payable on the death of the beneficiary if the eligibility conditions are met.
- Simple money transfer across India
- Government scheme beneficiaries will receive Direct Benefit Transfers into their accounts.
- After 6 months of satisfactory account performance, an overdraft facility will be permitted.
Pension and insurance packages are available.
- The Claim under Personal Accidental Insurance under PMJDY shall be payable if the Rupay Card holder has performed at least one successful financial or non-financial customer-induced transaction at any Bank Branch, Bank Mitra, ATM, POS, E-COM, etc. Channel both Intra and Inter-bank i.e. on-us (Bank Customer/Rupay card holder transacting at same Bank Channels) and off-us (Bank Customer/Rupay card holder transacting at
- An overdraft facility of up to Rs. 10,000/- is offered in just one account per household, ideally in the name of the lady of the house.
How to Check the Status of Your Jan Dhan Yojana Account
- To view the current status of your PMJDY account, go to https://pmjdy.gov.in/scheme. Select the ‘Status Enquiry’ tab. To find out the status, enter the reference number you obtained after submitting the documents.
- If necessary, you can file a complaint by going to the ‘Feedback/Information/Complaint/Suggestion’ tab and filling out the form.
PMJDY has simplified the account opening process to encourage more citizens to create bank accounts and move India closer to financial inclusion in general.
In August 2014, the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) was started as a step towards greater financial inclusion. The goal was to ensure that every individual and family has at least one bank account. This would provide every individual with access to not only banking services, but also to other government financial benefits. If you want to open a PMJDY account, here’s all you need to know.