The subscription platform OnlyFans has become a lucrative service for creators to publish exclusive content, and it has boomed among adult entertainers.
We spoke with eight OnlyFans models about how much money they made in a year, and their answers ranged from $143,000 to $5.4 million.
Read more about exactly how much these eight OnlyFans creators earned and how they did it
Even higher than that was Bryce Adams, who made $9.6 million in a year, she told Business Insider.
“I have over 300 videos that I’ve made,” she said. “I like to have a lot of variety, and it’s always something new, so I’m not just heading up the same thing.”
Read about how Adams built her OnlyFans business to millions in yearly revenue
Adams isn’t the only one pulling in major cash. According to the company’s most recent tax filings, OnlyFans users spent over $5.6 billion on the platform in 2022, and there were over 3 million registered creators for almost 250 million fans.
Creators on OnlyFans can make money in a variety of ways:
- Subscriptions: In order to unlock content, users usually pay a monthly or annual fee. The creator keeps 80% of subscription revenue, while 20% goes to OnlyFans. Creators can establish different subscription tiers, and sometimes they have accounts that can be accessed free of charge. (Read more about how creators set prices for their content.)
- Pay-per-view content: On their feeds, creators have the option to put additional content behind a paywall, which the users can purchase at an extra cost — usually photos or videos.
- Pay-per-view messages: OnlyFans offers a direct messaging feature for fans to chat with creators. Fans normally pay a per-message fee or flat fee to interact with the creator, and sometimes request personalized content in exchange for an additional payment. Some creators, overwhelmed with the amount of messages from subscribers, have relied on ghostwriters to respond. (Read Insider’s investigation into a secretive firm offering ghostwriting services for OnlyFans creators.)
- Tips: Subscribers to an OnlyFans page also have the option to send cash to creators in the form of a tip. For example, Amber Sweetheart, whose OnlyFans business is based on her personal connection with her fans, says she has subscribers who come back daily to interact with her and send her tips. (Read more about how Sweetheart built her OnlyFans business to $2.6 million.) Sweetheart is not the only one to capitalize on the users’ need for a connection, as men turn to the platform to build friendships or find “virtual girlfriends.” (Read more about how men are using OnlyFans for personal connection.)
- Promo “shoutouts”: Creators rely on marketing tactics to get new customers, like buying and selling “shoutouts” from each other to advertise on OnlyFans and on other social-media platforms. For some, selling promotional content has become a big business, and they even hire assistants to help manage the requests for “shoutouts.” (Read more about the business of promo content and how much creators make from it.)
- Coaching: Some creators have built a significant part of their business on teaching others how to leverage OnlyFans to make a sustainable income.
How much money OnlyFans models make
Creators on OnlyFans don’t generally earn money from a single income stream — they often take advantage of the various monetization options the platform offers, as well as making money off-platform.
- How much seven adult content creators charge for different kinds of content on OnlyFans, and how they determined their pricing strategies.
- How much money eight OnlyFans creators make in a year, and the top ways they earn money, from subscriptions to messaging.
How much OnlyFans creators with fewer than 10,000 fans earn:
- Belle Grace, a British creator, has around 2,400 subscribers. She shared the exact schedule that made her six figures on OnlyFans and allowed her to buy a house.
- Audrey Aura has about 3,000 subscribers. She shared how much she made in a year and broke down her various income streams.
How much OnlyFans creators that have between 10,000 and 100,000 fans earn:
- Amber Sweetheart has about 26,ooo fans on two profiles. And she’s made over $2.6 million since joining OnlyFans.
- Steph Mi has about 50,000 subscribers. Read how she built her income to over $73,000 per month through livestreaming, airplane banners, and more.
- Rayna Rose, who works with Bryce Adams, has 26,000 fans. Working with Adams and sharing profits with her has allowed Rose to kickstart her career.
- Liensue, a creator known for her cosplay, has about 44,000 fans. She’s been able to earn almost half a million dollars by fostering a connection with her fans.
How much OnlyFans creators with over 100,000 fans earn:
- Bryce Adams, who has 660,000 subscribers, shared her strategies for success. She also broke down how she made over $5 million in a year from OnlyFans.
- OnlyFans superstar Amouranth explained how she built an adult-content business that made her $1.5 million per month, and her advice to creators.