Last updated August 27th, 2023 at 10:15 am
Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojna 2023Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojana:- Rural areas are being developed by the government. The government launches various schemes for the development of rural areas. Today we are going to provide you information related to one such scheme. Whose name is Pradhan Mantri Gramin Ujala Yojana . By reading this article you will get all the important information related to this scheme. Such as what is Pradhan Mantri Gramin Ujala Yojana?, its benefits, objectives, features, eligibility, important documents, application process etc. So friends, if you want to get all the important information related to PM Gramin Ujala Yojana 2023, then you are requested to read this article till the end..
Free LED Bulb Through today’s article, we are going to tell you what is Pradhan Mantri Gramin Ujala Yojana 2023 ( Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojna-2023 )? What are the objectives, benefits, eligibility and documents required for application of this scheme? Along with this, through the article, you will also be aware of the process of applying under the scheme.
Savings under Pradhan Mantri Gramin Ujala Yojana
PM Gramin Ujala Yojana 2023 will be implemented in a phased manner which includes Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh, Arrah in Bihar, Nagpur in Maharashtra, Vadnagar in Gujarat and Vijayawada in Andhra Pradesh. Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojana will save about 9324 crore units of electricity annually. While 76.5 million tonnes of carbon emissions will be reduced annually. Rs 50,000 crore will be saved annually through this scheme. No subsidy will be taken from the central or state government for this scheme. Whatever expenditure will be incurred in Pradhan Mantri Gramin Ujala Yojana, EESL will do it. The cost of this scheme will be recovered through carbon trading.
Pradhan Mantri Gramin Ujala Yojana 2023, Highlights
Through this table, you have been provided with a list of all the important points under Pradhan Mantri Gramin Ujala Yojana 2023 .
|Scheme Name||Pradhan Mantri Gramin Ujala Yojana 2023|
|purpose of the plan||Providing LED bulbs at affordable rates in rural areas|
|was started||by Prime Minister Narendra Modi|
|Benefit||Energy conservation will get a boost in rural areas|
|Beneficiary||citizens of the whole country|
|cost of led bulb||10 rupees|
|operator||Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL)|
|implementation department||Department of Energy, Government of India|
Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojna-2023 , Objective
The main objective of Gramin Ujala Yojana is to bring energy efficiency in rural areas. Through this scheme, an LED will be provided for ₹ 10. Due to which the consumption of electricity will decrease and money will be saved. Rural areas will develop through Gramin Ujala Yojana and their standard of living will improve. Through this scheme, people of rural areas will be aware about energy efficiency, which will lead to the development of the whole country.
For this, LED bulbs are being provided by the government to rural citizens at cheaper rates than the market price so that energy conservation can be promoted in the country. LED bulbs use up to 20 times less energy than traditional bulbs, while providing several times more light. Pradhan Mantri Gramin Ujala Yojana 2023 is the world’s largest zero-subsidy scheme launched by the government, under which more than 300 million LED bulbs have been distributed by the government so far, as well as energy-efficient fans and LED tubelights under the scheme is also made available.
Target of distribution of 300 million bulbs met
Under Pradhan Mantri Gramin Ujala Yojana 2023, more than 3 crore LED bulbs have been distributed by the government so far. The responsibility of operating the scheme has been entrusted to Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) so as to ensure that the benefits of the scheme reach all the rural areas of the country. Under this scheme, high-quality LED bulbs are procured by EESL through an e-bidding process whose quality is guaranteed by the government. A 1-year guarantee is also provided by the government on the bulbs provided under the scheme. If there is any defect in the bulb during this period, EESL will replace the bulb free of cost.
Here are the main points of the plan
Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojna-2023 will not only provide energy to the rural citizens at affordable rates but will also generate sufficient employment opportunities in the scheme. The main facts of this scheme are as follows.
- Under Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojna-2023, so far 36,79,24,938 LED bulbs, 72,17,854 LED tubelights and 23,59,066 energy efficient fans have been distributed, which has generated 21,93,93,138 kWh (kilo-watt hour) energy is saved.
- Under the scheme, so far Rs 74,59,36,669 has been saved in terms of energy in the country, which can be used for other development works.
- The use of LED bulbs has resulted in a massive reduction of 9,566 MW (Mega-Watts) in peak energy demand during summer in rural areas of the country, thereby ensuring uninterrupted power supply. Electricity facility has also been extended to a very large rural area.
- This scheme has also been very successful from the environmental point of view. Under the scheme, carbon emissions (CO 2 -Emission) have been reduced by 3,87,02,859 tonnes per year by the use of LED bulbs and other equipment, which has helped in meeting the country’s environmental goals.
- Under the scheme, more than 35 thousand people have got employment in the units related to the production of LED bulbs, along with this the country’s economy has benefited Rs 4 billion.
This is the important document for application
To apply under Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojna-2023, it is necessary to have the following documents
- Aadhar card
- Address proof
- Ration card
- income certificate
- passport size photo
- mobile number
Apart from this, citizens desirous of getting LED bulbs under the scheme will have to submit the latest copy of their electricity bill, only then they can get the bulbs under the scheme.
Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojna-2023 , registration process
To apply under Pradhanmantri Gramin Ujala Yojna-2023, visit the official website ujala.gov.in . Download the application form of the scheme from here and take a printout of it. After this, enter all the information sought in it, as well as attach a photocopy of your Aadhaar card and electricity bill and submit it to the concerned department. In this way you can apply under the scheme.
Apart from this, LED bulb distribution camps are organized by the government from time to time in rural areas to get LED bulbs. You can get LED bulbs through these camps by taking a photocopy of your Aadhaar card and electricity bill. Along with this, programs for the distribution of LED bulbs are also organized from time to time by the Energy Department and the Electricity Department. You can also get LED bulbs through these programs with the help of necessary documents.
Register a complaint like this
Follow these steps to make a complaint under the scheme.
- First of all go to the official website of the scheme ujala.gov.in .
- On the homepage, you will see the option of Register your complaint . Click on it.
- After this, after entering all the requested information and entering the details of your complaint, click on the Save option.
- In this way you can file a complaint under the scheme.
Target of Pradhan Mantri Gramin Ujala Yojana
- Target to replace LED lights in 3 years – 770 million
- Expected annual energy savings – 105 billion KWH
- Expected reduction in peak load – 20000 MW
- Annual estimated greenhouse gas emissions reduction – 79 million tonnes CO2